st: ivtobit

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ivtobit
Date   Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:48:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Statalist,
I have the following question. I have a simultaneous
equations system of the form:

1) D= b1*Xd + b2*W + e     for i=1....N
(D) equation for whole sample

2) W= a1*Xw + a2*D + u  for i=1...n < N
(W) equation for part of sample

 I observe D over the whole sample, where D can be
positive or zero. But I observe W only for a part of
the sample, W is missing for the rest of observations.
I want to estimate eqn (1) over the whole sample, but
if I use ivtobit then stata uses only observations for
which both D and W are observed.
Thus, I have first estimated the reduced form W
equation and predicted W for the whole sample, and
then used the predicted W in the second stage and done
tobit. Does any one have any suggestion-reference on
whether this might be correct or any suggestion on how
to do this in stata?

thank you
Sara

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html