st: [Fwd: mata -> stata code]

From   Alden Klovdahl <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: [Fwd: mata -> stata code]
Date   Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:11:58 +1000

should the lack of a response to my query
below be interpreted as meaning what i want
to do is not possible, or merely that in my
naivite i have not formulated my question very
well?

[i haven't used stata much; mata seems very
powerful, but i don't have time to learn it
now if it won't do what i need to do at the
moment.]

basically, i would like to do some processing
- fairly elementary - in mata, the results of
which would go into a 20m x 60 matrix/array
[20 million rows, 60 columns].  [the number of
columns in the array could be pruned to the ones
(two) i need for each run.]

i would then like to take the columns i need
(two at a time) from this mata output matrix
and do a simple graph using stata intercooled
version 9.

[actually, some box plots, with 20m potential
y-axis values, and up to about 10 x-axis groups.]

is this possible at present?

[the faq discussions on mata-stata are quite
informative but if any answered my question i
missed them. and, the stata site indicates my
version of stata is limited to 800 x 800 matrices
though - i don't have the manual in front of me -
the limits for mata are much larger.]

thank you, al