Re: st: 2sls standard errors.

From   daniel cassar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2sls standard errors.
Date   Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:23:02 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Austin,

you're right. The numbers that were completely
inflated were t-statistics, not SEs. Really sorry
about that.
Using the data set of your example, what I was trying
to "by hand", was:
reg3 (iq knn tenure s med)(med lw s expr), 2sls

Best regards & thanks,
DC
--- Austin Nichols <[email protected]> escribi�:

http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/hayashi/griliches76.dta,
> clear
> qui reg3 (lw=s expr iq) (iq=s expr med kww age)
> est store reg3
> qui ivreg2 lw s expr (iq=med kww age)
> est store ivreg
> qui reg iq med kww age s expr
> ren iq was_iq
> predict iq
> qui reg lw s expr iq
> est store byhand
> esta reg3 ivreg byhand, eq(1) se mti(reg3 ivreg
> byhand)
>
> On 4/5/07, daniel cassar <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a two-equation system that I solved with
> > -reg3-. However, when I did the same system "by
> hand",
> > the standard errors were completely inflated (they
> > grew very noticeably) so that almost all of the
> > explanatory variables were significant. the point
> > estimates were the same, though.
> >
> > Any ideas as to why this may happen? Which of the
> two
> > ways has the most reliable standard errors?
> >
> > Note: my system has the following form:
> > x1=a1 + by1 + by2 + bx2 + e
> > x2=a2 + bz1 + bz2 + bz3 + e
> >
> > And I got the weird results only in the second
> > equation  2. (Note that the dependent variable of
> the
> > second equation enters the first equation, but the
> > dependent variable of the first eq. does not enter
> the
> > second eq.)

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam �gratis!
Reg�strate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/