Re: st: tabulate with pweight

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tabulate with pweight
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:54:21 +0000

It is not clear to me that your situation is one leading
to the use of pweights.

Either way, -tabulate- does not support pweights. That
is implied in the help, which explains that only the
other kinds of weight are supported.

Use of pweights generally requires prior use of -svyset-
and then -svy- commands.

Eva Gottschalk <[email protected]>

I'm using data that is weighted for the overpresentation of east-germany (weighting variable=weight).

For the regression I just add [pweight=dweight] to weight my data.

This command does not work with: tab x y [pweight=weight]

I don't understand why, because it seams quite important to wheight the data for descriptions about germany as a whole.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/