st: looping over observations

From   "emre ekinci" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: looping over observations
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:23:05 +0000

I have 100 observations.

I want to execute some commands for each observation.here is the basic structure:

local i=0

while `i'<=100 {
local ++i

if ((husbage1>husbage2) | (husbage11 <husbage2)) {

stata commands
}

else {
stata commands
}

}

if the logical statment is true for the first observation, it executes all commands within the if statement for other observations as well, although the logical statement is false for some observations.
what is my mistake here? How can I write a loop that executes some bunch of commands (including if else statement)?

thank you.

En etkili ve g�venilir PC Korumayi tercih edin, rahat edin! http://www.msn.com.tr/security/

*
* For searches and help try: