st: RE: xtivreg2, overidxt,

Subject   st: RE: xtivreg2, overidxt,
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:42:19 -0000

Dear ncdcta00:

Try, from within Stata:

which xtivreg2, all

which ivreg2, all

which ivreg28, all

to see if the packages are correctly installed and that you don't have
any older versions lurking around.  Also,

> Other question is: how I interpret overidxt? when my p value
> is 10% my instrument is correleted with my dipendent
> variable? or I refuse the null hypothesis  and so the
> instrument that I use is ok?

You should switch to -xtoverid-   In any case, the interpretation of the
overid stat is the same as for any overid stat in the linear model.
Rejection implies failure of the orthononality conditions, and this can
happen for a variety of reasons - reverse causality, omitted variables,
etc.

Cheers,
Mark