Re: st: panel data: xtrege, re vs. xtreg, fe vs. regress...cluster

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: panel data: xtrege, re vs. xtreg, fe vs. regress...cluster
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:55:24 +0100

Looking at
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/petersen/htm/papers/se/se_programming.htm
can provide you some suggestions about how to correct the standard errors in panel data analysis.

P.S. As reported, -xtreg- (GLS) can improve efficiency over -regress- not only for the standard errors, but also for the estimation of the coefficients
P.P.S. are you sure that a linear regression command is useful for a y that is bounded between -1 and 1? what about interval/censored regression? this solution would "solve" the problems, since only random effects are available

Nicola