Re: st: adding US state outlines using SPMAP

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: adding US state outlines using SPMAP
Date   Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:08:04 +0100

Julie Darnell wrote:

I attempted to execute the syntax kindly offered by Maurizio
Pisati, but the graph that resulted showed ONLY the outlines
of the states but with the correct legend (showing the custom
breaks 0 1 2 3 4 32 and selected color palette). It did not
display within each state outline the shaded cbsa/metro areas.

use uscoordinates2
sort _ID
save uscoordinates2, replace
use usdatabase3
delimit;
spmap numberoffreeclinics if conterminous & type2=="metro"
using "uscoordinates2",
id(id) ndfc(white) fc(Blues) ocolor(gs12 ..) clmethod(custom)
clbreaks (0 1 2 3 4 32)
polygon(data(us-stateoutline.dta));

I know nothing about the map program, but it hit my eye that
you wrote -fc(Blues)-. Should it be -fc(blue)- instead?

Svend

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark