Re: st: parsing question

From   "Tom Boonen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: parsing question
Date   Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:46:00 -0500

Hi Nick,

I really like your idea of using periods(str) and a synatx like

periods(x2=1980(1)2000 x3=1998&1990)

while imposing some discipline on the user by insisting that spaces
are used to separate specifications for each variable. I walked
through your program sketch and it looks exactly like what I need.
Some of the string functions are new to me and they look very helpful.
Thanks a lot.

Tom

PS: just on tiny correction I think numlist `spec' needs to be numlist
"`spec'" for spec to be transformed into a numlist.