st: RE: Survival analysis: finding best cut-off values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Survival analysis: finding best cut-off values
Date   Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:29:04 -0000

The practice of dividing good continuous
variables into categories is retrograde.
See Frank Harrell's book on "Regression modeling
strategies" from Springer in 2001.

Diego Bellavia