st: RE: treatreg (specification of indepvars_t)

Subject   st: RE: treatreg (specification of indepvars_t)
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:54:20 -0000

Richard,

As I understand it, the difference between (1) and (2) is that (2) uses
no exclusion restrictions in the selection ("treatment") equation:
everything exogenous appears on the RHS.  I think this is what you mean
by "reduced form".

I think this is just another version of the usual trade off between
efficiency and robustness that you get in system estimation.  If the
exclusions from the treatment equation are correct, both are consistent
but (1) is more efficient than (2); but if they aren't correct, (1) is
inconsistent but (2) remains consistent.

Cheers,
Mark