Re: st: Suppress -browse- when using -do- to execute commandsfrom a file

From   "Eamonn O'Brien" <Eamonn.O'[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Suppress -browse- when using -do- to execute commandsfrom a file
Date   Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:03:48 +0000

Thanks for all replies. I used -global- and it works nicely.
Eamonn

>>> [email protected] 05 March 2007 14:29:27 >>>
Extending Sergiy's solution, the branching becomes implicit if the
global-flag directly contains the command.

e.g. replace all -browse- commands with $cond_browse and then define

global cond_browse = "browse"
or
global cond_browse = "*" (to comment out anything else on the line)

at the start of each file or in the first file called if it is a
nested
series of files.

Richard Atkins
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

>>> "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]> 05/03/2007 14:16

You can replace -browse- by a call of a new command like

-conditional_browse-

Define it as an ado-file, or in the same file.
Inside you can branch depending, say on a value of a certain global
FLAG-variable defined at the beginning of your program or changed
depending
on iterations, etc.

Regards,
   Sergiy