Re: st: Reliability/ Factor analysis commands

From   Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reliability/ Factor analysis commands
Date   Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:38:31 +0000

On 23 Feabh 2007, at 20:51, Vanessa Mahlberg wrote:

I�m a German student doing her diploma thesis in Human Resources Management. I�ve got 2 questions.
1. I would like to do a reliability analysis with Spearman Brown. (I have already calculated Cronbach�s Alpha). I only found the command "Spearman�s rank correlation".
Alpha has the drawback that it depends on the number of items. An alternative, which does not, is Loevinger's H, which you will find if you issue the command

. findit loevinger

Can anybody please help me to get the reliability coeffizient (Spearman_Brown)
2. How can I use a factor analysis with stata.I dont�t know the command.
Stata has a whole chunk of manual devoted to factor analysis, which tells you a lot about how to run it, including the name of the command (-factor-).

I wonder if you need to read up on some general text that introduces the statistics of test evaluation. Your questions suggest that someone told you do go away and calculate statistics X, Y and Z, but not why.

Stata does the statistics, but you have to supply the reason.

=========
Ron�n Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
[email protected]