RE: st: RE: trying local command

From   "Rodrigo Martell" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: trying local command
Date   Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:44:11 +1100

Hi Michael,

I'm glad that works for you now. RE your question, the "`" (I'm not sure what it's called either! Sorry, a quick google says it's a "grave accent", I just learned something new) tells Stata that what follows is a macro name it, which you have defined. The "'" tells it that it's the end of the name of the macro you are trying to call. So, when the code runs Stata knows that what is written between "`" and "'" is a macro name and it should place in there the contents of the macro, which you have defined earlier in the lines local truea0, local truea1, etc.

If you exclude either the leading "`" or the lagging "'" Stata will most likely complain.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo Martell

 <http://www.frontier-economics.com>
Frontier Economics Pty. Ltd.
395 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
www.frontier-economics.com
switch:
direct:
fax:
mobile:
email:

+61 (0)3 9620 4488
+61 (0)3 9613 1518
+61 (0)3 8614 2711
+61 (0)407 909 811
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.