Re: st: Calculating firm-specific rolling betas

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculating firm-specific rolling betas
Date   Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:08:22 -0500

The 'rolling' command might work (I think its only available in
Stata 9)

but the syntax is the following:

rolling window(#) stepsize(#) saving(pathname\results.dta), <command
you want to execute, such as regress>

what this does is it takes the first 'X' observations (this is what
you specify in the <window> option) and runs <command> on them, and
saves the estimated coefficients in results.dta. It then rolls the
window forward by the number of time period specified in
<stepsize>, and then repeats the estimation again, saves again.

Recursive estimation is also possible (keep the starting point fixed
and just keep expanding the estimation window forward).