st: Re: reg3 or xt...

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: reg3 or xt...
Date   Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:29:10 -0500

You are not missing anything. None of the equations contain endogenous variables, from the looks of it. But as some of the equations are dynamic equations, it is likely that neither fixed effects nor random effects (nor OLS first differences) will work. You need to use an instrumental variables technique--either something like the Anderson-Hsiao estimator of xtivreg, or depending on the length of your panels, a dynamic panel data estimator such as xtabond (or better yet xtabond2).

There is no reason to consider this model as a system unless you are trying to test or impose cross-equation constraints.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html