Re: st: reg3 or xt for simultaneous equation model with panel data and lagged effects?

From   Rajiv Sabherwal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reg3 or xt for simultaneous equation model with panel data and lagged effects?
Date   Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:31:17 -0600

Hello,

I had earlier sent the message below to statalist. However, a few minutes ago, it struck me that the equations I have may not be a "simultaneous equation model" at all. This is based partly on Kit Baum's message on http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-03/ msg01120.html.

In our model (given below), none of the endogeneous variables affect each other at that time. All the variables on the right-hand sides of all equations are either exogneous of lagged-endogeneous (i.e., pre- determined).

Therefore, it would seem that simple panel regressions, rather than simultaneous models, would be appropriate. Am I missing something?

Thanks, and best wishes,

Rajiv