Re: st: Re: st: raking wtih information on a subsample only

From   Anna Gueorguieva <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: st: raking wtih information on a subsample only
Date   Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:21:02 -0800 (PST)

Steven,
I do not have any other external information than total number of students by gender and municipality. I do not know what the total population should be.

Could I restrict the sample to all the students, do the raking on the proportions by municipality and gender, then merge back with the original dataset and replace the weights in the original dataset?

My weights are enumeration-area specific.

How would I do that with survwgt?

My alternative to using survwgt is to just adjust the weights myself  (e.g. if there should be 1000 but currently only 100 students, I scale the weights up by  10) and then replace them for the entire enumeration area.

Is that how raking works basically?

Thank you in advance for your time and advice!
Best
Anna

Never miss an email again!