Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem

From   Clive Nicholas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem
Date   Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:40:54 +0000 (GMT)

Richard Williams replied:

>(1) If both of these achieved significance here, how on Earth do you
>decide whether or not to include an interactive term in the model?

None of the analyses presented so far have said anything about
interaction terms; they've only addressed whether residual variation
differs across groups, and the answer seems to be no.  If you now
want to test interaction terms involving race, go ahead; and plain
old -logit- will probably be adequate for your needs.

Considering the inclusion of an interaction term, such as race in our -union- dataset, naturally follows such estimation, since we're in the business of comparing logit coefficients across groups. I have to say this is an absolute minefield. Thanks for your helpful comments with regards my other follow-up query.

Clive Nicholas

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com