st: duplicates tag - and range

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: duplicates tag - and range
Date   Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:10:08 -0600

Hi All,

I am working with a very large panel dataset, and would like to tag
observations that repeat annually (compared to the odd, or the unscheduled
observation). My rule for tagging observations is something like: if
another observation falls exactly one year before or after the current
observation (-/+ 3 days, to deal with minor deviations - due to, say, dates
that fall on weekends), tag both observations. I explored the use of
"duplicates" and splitting the dates to year, month, and day to little
effect (it can be used only for exact matches rather ranges, and will tag
similar observations in terms of day and month in non-consecutive years).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arik Lifschitz