st: RE: DLL for Stata to facilitate integration of Stata programs with MS Excel Visual Basic

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: DLL for Stata to facilitate integration of Stata programs with MS Excel Visual Basic
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:15:26 -0000

I'd be very surprised if any such thing existed. StataCorp
espouses a cross-platform style and is not in the habit
of privileging stuff for particular operating systems or
particular proprietary products that it does not market itself.

I'd also guess wildly that user-programmers, however skilled,
wouldn't know enough about Stata's internals to be able to
write this. And they mostly would have no interest in
writing anything like this even if they could. Well, I
wouldn't.

Rodriguez, Dan (FIRMMKTRSK)