Re: st: RE: Saving global variables for future Stata sessions

From   Rachel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Saving global variables for future Stata sessions
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:41:02 -0500

Nick and David,

Thank you for pointing me to the profile.do file.  The only issue is
that I add definitions from session to session, so I need to
continually update this file.

One way to copy the macro definitions from the command log file and
paste them into the profile.do file each time.

Is there some elegant way to keep  the macro definition commands in a
separate log file?  If Stata can't do this, is there a text editor you
know of that can automatically delete lines that don't begin with
"global" (or local, etc.)?

Thanks very much,
Rachel