st: RE: ranksum

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: ranksum
Date   Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:52:36 -0000

You report a difficulty with -ranksum- but do not
say what it is.

-livbirth- is numeric.

-randgrp- should contain two (and only two)
distinct categories. If this is not true, then
it is likely to be the root of any problem.
This follows from the essence of the test, and
is not a Stata issue.

Otherwise:

What did you expect?

What did Stata do or say?

If not obvious otherwise, why this is a difficulty?

P chrisman