st: Error in converting stata to SAS using Stat Transfer

From   "Leny Mathew" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Error in converting stata to SAS using Stat Transfer
Date   Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:14:36 -0500

Hi,
    This is in reference to an issue I faced when transferring a
stata file into SAS using Stat Transfer. Stat Transfer gives an error
when the file name in question in too long. The error in my case was
"Access violation at address 100467E9. Read of address 52454E3A". I
exhausted all other possibilities before checking with our IT guy who
suggested that I rename my file with a shorter name. And Viola!..it
worked! This is an FYI for anybody who (like me) had no idea that the
error had nothing to do with SAS,  the file size or how the variables
are stored.

Leny