st: MEAN and MEDIAN of WTP in double-bounded dichotomous CV

From   "Bui Dang Dat" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: MEAN and MEDIAN of WTP in double-bounded dichotomous CV
Date   Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:28:01 +0900

Dear Arne and Stata users,

Thank you very much for your information. I would like to ask whether can we use Stata to obtain MEAN and MEDIAN of WTP in double-bounded dichotomous contingent valuation study? example of this type study is done by Michael Hanemann et al. 1991, "Statistical Efficiency of Double-Bounded Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation".
Thank you very much for reading.
Best regards,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:01 PM
Subject: st: New package -wtp- is available from SSC

Dear all,

Thanks to Kit Baum the -wtp- package is now available on SSC.

-wtp- estimates confidence intervals for willingness to pay (WTP)
measures of the type -b_k/b_c, where b_c is the cost coefficient and
b_k is the coefficient for attribute x_k. It uses one of three
methods: the delta method, Fieller's method or the Krinsky Robb
(parametric bootstrap) method.

To install the package type -ssc install wtp-.

Comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.

Best wishes,
Arne

Arne Risa Hole
Research Fellow