st: Problem with pagesize when using translator smcl2ps to convert smcl-logfiles to ps-documents

From   "Sebastian F. B�chte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with pagesize when using translator smcl2ps to convert smcl-logfiles to ps-documents
Date   Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:45:50 +0100

Dear Statalister,

yesterday I used the translator smcl2ps to convert some of my
log-files into postscript files which I again translated into a pdf
file using "FreePDF v3.7.2" in conjunction with "Ghostscript v8.54".

When I first ran a translation with the command -translate mylog.scml
mylog.ps, translator(smcl2ps)- and afterwards converted the mylog.ps
into mylog.pdf I found that the page size was "US letter". I then set
pagesize for the translator to "A4" - A4 ist our standard printer
format- with this command: -translator set smcl2ps pagesize A4-. It
looked to me as my change was recorded for in the options for the
translator as it was shown correctly after invoking -translator query
smcl2ps- :

. translator query smcl2ps
<snip>
-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------
             fontsize | 9                         lmargin | 0.60
             pagesize | A4                        rmargin | 0.30
            pagewidth | 8.27                      tmargin | 0.60
           pageheight | 11.69                     bmargin | 0.50
<snip>

But, after retranslating the logfile from smcl to ps to pdf, I again
received a pdf file with pagesize "US letter". I checked my "ps to
pdf" converter program for any format options but could not find any
problem.

Has someone made the same experience and possibly worked out a
solution? Any help/hint is highly appreciated.

Sebastian