st: Creating a indicator of the number of job with highest wage

From   "Hui Wang" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Creating a indicator of the number of job with highest wage
Date   Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:08:58 +0000

Hi, All,

I have a dataset. Each individual can at most have 4 jobs (job1-job4). For each individual I know the hourly wage for each job (w_job1-w_job4). I wonder how I can creat a variable indicating that which job has the highest wage. Refer to the following example. The variable I want to creat is the 'Number_job'

ID w_job1 w_job2 w_job3 w_job4 Number_job
1 10 100 0 0 2
2 120 30 10 0 1
3 20 90 80 70 2

Thanks.