Re: st: option -robust- for -glm- and -poisson-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: option -robust- for -glm- and -poisson-
Date   Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:04:17 +0100

In Stata, -robust- means Huber/White/sandwich estimator of variance correcting the standard errors only for heteroscedasticity.
The following is a website discussing the corrections for the standard errors (it discusses corrections for panel data, nonetheless several are used for cross-sectional data as well, and I found it quite interesting for non-experienced researchers/Stata users -- Stata commands are cited, too, and discussed)
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/petersen/htm/papers/se/se_programming.htm

Huber, P. J. (1967), �The behavior of maximum likelihood estimates under nonstandard conditions�, in Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Vol. 1, University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, pp. 221-233.
White, H., 1984, �A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test of Heteroskedasticity,� Econometrica 48, 817-838.