st: questions about xtprobit

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: questions about xtprobit
Date   Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:11:16 +0100

Not sure if -xtprobit- is the best choice, (I'm not an expert, but it sounds that the choice depends on what "after a certain event" means, i.e. are all observations subject to the same event at the same time?).
Turning to technical questions on Stata, to my best knowledge you cannot have fixed effects for -xtprobit-. But you can use CONDITIONAL fixed effects for -xtlogit-. Remember that you cannot use dummies to estimate logistic fixed effects (Hsiao 1986). You can have exponentiated coefficients (odds ratio indicating the percentage change in the probability of the outcome (the dependent variable = 1) given a one unit change in the independent variable) with option -or-.
Nicola