st: Re:counting occurrences & correlation matrix; comparing means and medians

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re:counting occurrences & correlation matrix; comparing means and medians
Date   Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:40:55 -0500

Answering two of your queries:

1)
xtprobit...
summ pw if e(sample)

2)
mat accum...
mat R = corr(R)

Then use svmat to create new variables, and outsheet to write out the nonmissing observations of those variables to a tab-delimited text file.

3)
To compare means and medians:

xtprobit...
gen byte want = e(sample)
ttest boardcomp if want, by(pw)
ranksum boardcomp if want, by(pw)
ttest compensation if want, by(pw)
ranksum compensation if want, by(pw)

etc.

For the dichotomous variables, replace ttest with the appropriate chi- squared test command.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html