Re: st: Whish for Stata10, or earlier

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Whish for Stata10, or earlier
Date   Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:21:20 -0800 (PST)

I suppose it is wishlist time again.  So, here are my wishes:

1)A multilevel logistic regression model command that is fully integrated
into and supported by Stata.

2)A subcommand (or option) on the -simulate- command that would allow one
to save statistics from each replication (presently one must write
specific code in the estimator to accomplish this feat) by identifying a
matrix or set of matrices one seeks to save; elements of each saved matrix
would then become variables and each replication would be a case.

3)A subcommand on -probit- that allows one to identify the model by
setting the variance of Y to some arbitrary value of choice rather than
the default (which is to set the variance of the error to equal 1).
Post-processing can re-scale estimates, but it would be nice (and perhaps
even elegant) to integrate this feature (if it is not already implemented
in some command I have yet to find).

4)A command that would implement a probit version of the seemingly
unrelated regression model, so one can estimate multiple probits
simultaneously and allow their errors to be correlated (i.e., a SUPR
model).  The command should allow one to specify equal thresholds or allow
the thresholds to vary across equations, or even specify some as equal and
others as not necessarily equal.

Okay, not to get greedy, that is what I wish I would find in the next
major release of stata.  But, I am sure whatever I find I will be pleased.

Take care.
Sam