st: Comparing MFX across models

From   Bart Vanneste <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Comparing MFX across models
Date   Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:19:41 -0800 (PST)

Dear,

I would like to compare the marginal effects of a
Tobit (intreg) model with those of an OLS (reg) model.
For the Tobit model I am interested in the marginal
effects on y conditional on y > 0 (with 0 as the
censoring value), or in STATAspeak: mfx, predict
e(0,.).

Normally, I would use suest to compare across models
however I can only get suest to estimate the marginal
effects on the latent dependent variable (i.e. mfx,
predict(xb)) which are given by default as they are
the same as the reported coefficients.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays,
Bart