Re: st: migrating to a new computer

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: migrating to a new computer
Date   Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:43:04 +0900

On 12/15/06, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
I used to have a Win98 computer running Stata 8.2.  I'm now moving to a
WinXP computer.  I've installed Stata 8 from original CD, and I am
updating it now.

I have 30-some additional packages installed.  What is the best way to get
those all up and running on the new computer?  I have my old hard drive
still easily accessible via USB, if that makes any difference.
One option is to copy your c:\ado directory from your old to your new
computer (this assumes that you have used the default directory for
installing your personalised ado files).

Neil

--
"Doing science for the money is like having sex for the exercise." -
Matt (BistroMath - slashdot.org)

Email - [email protected] / [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/