st: Initial values for ml model

From   Rachel <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Initial values for ml model
Date   Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:36:19 -0500

Whenever I try to generate an initial (row) vector for the ml command,
Stata gives me an error that says that there's an extra element in the
vector.  On the other hand, it accepts the same initial values as a
list.

I'm wondering if the issue is the column names.  I'm generating the
initial vector by putting together the results (from e(b)) of various
regression commands.

Does Stata pay attention to the column names of initial value vectors
in ml?  If so, is there a way to get rid of the column names
altogether?  (The manual only shows how to specify them one by one.)

Also, is there a way to find out the length of the necessary initial
value vector for a given ml model command?

Thanks,
Rachel