Re: st: Where does heckprob call "ml maximize"??

From   Rachel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Where does heckprob call "ml maximize"??
Date   Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:05:02 -0500

Thanks, Jeremy. Looks like  you can maximize directly from the ml
model command (?), though I did not see this option in the manual.

What I'm trying to figure out is how the program manages to estimate
gradients and Hessians for atanrho.

I saw the command "local diparm diparm(athrho, tanh label("rho"))" but
I don't quite understand it.  Furthermore, I don't understand how they
were able to use `diparm' in the call to ml model on the subsequent
lines.  (My apologies, I'm new to this sort of programming and can't
get the viewer to display line numbers.)

Thanks again for your help.

Rachel