Re: st: RE: tobit with autocorrelated and heteroscedastic disturbances

From   Daniel Lawson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: tobit with autocorrelated and heteroscedastic disturbances
Date   Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:22:13 -0500

Dear Marco,

This seems to just be crying out for rolling your own Tobit using
Stata's ml command, but the autoregressive solution can't use ml
method lf, which makes the programming a tad more difficult.  If you
did, though, you wouldn't need to do a Cochrane-Orcut two-step; you
could estimate rho simultaneously with everything else.

Peace,
Daniel Lawson
Assistant Professor of Economics
Drew University