st: trivariate normal distribution (2 dichotomous and one continuous left hand side variables)

From   Fabian Gouret <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: trivariate normal distribution (2 dichotomous and one continuous left hand side variables)
Date   Sun, 03 Dec 2006 20:24:04 +0100

Dear statalist,

Using stata 8, I am trying to perform a model composed of three equations:

The first equation is:

 y_1*=Z\gamma+\nu,  y_1=1  if  y_1*>0
with Z a vector of characteristics, \gamma the vector of coefficent and \nu the
error term

The second equation is:
y_2*=W\delta+Y\lambda+\eta,  y_2=1  if  y_2*>0

and the third equation is:

r=X\beta+\epsilon ,   where r a continuous variable observed if and only if
y_2=1

(\nu,\eta,\epsilon) are jointly normally distributed, with means 0.

The variance of \nu is 1, like the one of \eta (they are probit). The one of
\epsilon is \sigma^2. If someone wants to help me and have latex, the variance
covariance matrix is

$\left(\begin{array}{ccc}
  1&\rho_{\nu,\eta}&\sigma_\epsilon\rho_{\nu,\epsilon}\\
\rho_{\nu,\eta}&1&\sigma_\epsilon\rho_{\eta,\epsilon}\\
\sigma_\epsilon\rho_{\nu,\epsilon}&\sigma_\epsilon\rho_{\eta,\epsilon}&\sigma_\epsilon^2\\
\end{array}\right)$. $\sigma_\epsilon$ is the standard
error of $\epsilon$ and $\rho_{i,j}$ the correlation
between $i$ and $j$.

I have been able to write the log likelihood of this model, using the Bayes rule
to avoid cumbersome cumulative trivariate normal distribution.

However, I am unable to programm it on STATA.

Are there any maximum likelihood experts who might be able to help? Or someone
who have already done a similar programm?

Thanks for your help.
Fabian

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.