Re: st: Windows Vista and Stata

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Windows Vista and Stata
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:24:28 -0500

On this topic:

I am eager to migrate from xp32 to Vista 64, but am not clear
whether I will need to upgrade my Stata/SE to Stata/MP for a dual
core machine. I understand that MP takes advantage of the dual
processors to increase speed, but my main goal is to increase the
memory available to Stata. Is there an "upgrade" of Stata/SE 9
from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista that isn't to MP?

thanks,
Jeph

Alan Riley wrote:
Pierre Azoulay ([email protected]) asked about installing
Stata on a Windows Vista machine:
But what about 64-bit vista? I tried to install stata 64-bit (which
runs fine on windows XP 64bit) onto windows vista x64. The
installation failed in the middle. Apparently, the stata installation
required access to a piece of the OS that vista protects from
"strangers."

I am not talking about updates. I am talking about a fresh install
from the CD-ROM.
Pierre's Stata installation CD was shipped before Vista was available
for testing, and its installer is having problems working under Vista.
If Pierre will email me privately, we will be happy to send him a CD
with an updated installer which supports Windows Vista.

Alan
([email protected])