Re: st: Q re Contiguous memory in statistical packages

From   Joe Trubisz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Q re Contiguous memory in statistical packages
Date   Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:45:31 -0500

Hi...

Depends on the application, not the OS.
If, for whatever reason, Stata can only do a single memory allocation only once, then so be it.
That's a limitation of the program, not the OS.
Normally though, if you run out of memory (like an array has gotten bigger), you can just allocate more to the app. Unless you have unusual virtual memory settings, you'll get what you need.

Joe