RE: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model

From   "Daniel H. Simon" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model
Date   Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:25:30 -0500 (EST)

Stephen - thanks for the comments. I just want to follow up with one more
question. I am not currently trying to incorporate unobserved
heterogeneity. Regarding the concerns raised by Jason Yackee, there do not
appear to be great differences between those that establish websites
before I can observe them, and those that appear later. So, I think I can
reasonably treat the censoring as being independent. In this case, is
dropping the relevant observations a reasonable fix (and in my case,
showing that it has little effect on the results)?  thanks. Daniel