st: tetrachoric correlation in stata 9

From   "prneiva" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: tetrachoric correlation in stata 9
Date   Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:14:36 -0300

Hi everyone

I am trying to run a tetrachoric correlation in Stata 9. After running tetrachoric varlist, available, the correlation matrix is shown on
the screen but it looks like that nothing is being saved on memory. Matrix
 list command shows that there is not any matrix in there.

 Stata's help says that the pairwise correlation matrix is returned as r(corr) and can be used to perform a factor or a principal component analysis of binary variables using factormat or pcamat. It also says tetrachoric saves the matrix r(Rho). What does it mean?

Please, does anybody can figure out what I am doing wrong? And what would be my next step?

Many thanks

Pedro Neiva