Re: st: A question about fixed-effect regression

Subject   Re: st: A question about fixed-effect regression
Date   Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:43:53 -0500

Dear Hui Wang "Jackie"--
The observations you exclude *do* offer information about the effect
of x2 on y, even allowing for an id-specific intercept.  If you left
out x2 as an explanatory variable, you would get exactly the same
coefficient in both specifications.

input id      y       x1      x2
1       4       1       2
1       13      0       6