RE: st: RE: mat size

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: mat size
Date   Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:21:00 -0000

Stata is telling you exactly what is wrong
with your command.

If you are using Intercooled Stata, that is
the end of the road for that command, as you
cannot increase -matsize- above 800.

If you are using Stata/SE or Stata/MP, you
can, and must, increase -matsize-.

In any case, I am not clear that you are doing what
Maarten recommended. I understand that he recommended
-xtreg, fe-, and that you not use -xi:-.

irodriguez

> I�ve tried this:
>     xi: xtreg perform i.codempr, fe i(codempr)
>
> But the outcome is similar:
>  i.codempr         _Icodempr_1-1203    (naturally coded; _Icodempr_1
> omitted)
>  matsize too small
>  You have attempted to create a matrix with more than 800
> rows or columns
>  or to fit a model with more than 800
>  variables plus ancillary parameters.  You need to increase
> matsize using
> the
>  set matsize command; see help matsize.
>  r(908);
>
> What I�m doing wrong?

Maarten Buis

> > Apparently you are trying to estimate a fixed effects regression by
> > adding
> > dummies. A better way of doing the fixed effects regression
> is -xtreg-
> > with
> > the fe option. see: -help xtreg- and the entry for -xtreg- in the xt
> > manual.

irodriguez