st: Re: Simultaneous model with a binary and continuous dependent variable

From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Simultaneous model with a binary and continuous dependent variable
Date   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:51:22 -0500

I think that for known F you could write your own ML problem.
Rodrigo.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:33 PM
Subject: st: Simultaneous model with a binary and continuous dependent
variable

Dear all,

I have a model to estimate direct and indirect effects among X, Y1, and Y2.

Y1 = F( X, A, B)
Y2 = F( Y1, X, G)

X and Y2 are binary variables and Y1 is a continuous  variable.
The direction of effects is unidirectional from X to Y1 and from Y1 to Y2.
I would like to find out the X's effects on Y1 and Y2 and also Y1's
effect on Y2 simultaneously.
But, I'm wondering how to estimate the model with Y2 and to estimate
two models simultaneously in STATA.
Can anyone point let me know how to deal this model in STATA?

Thank you in advances.

Charlie.