Re: st: how to treat such variable when running logistic model

From   "Jia Xiangping" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to treat such variable when running logistic model
Date   Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:08:29 +0800

Dear colleague,

Arbitrarily, you can drop those one-member observations, or use dummy
to identify them. But this approach is not suggested.

In my view, it fits maximum-likelihood probit models with sample
selection. -heckprob- is a candidate for it. At the first state, you
esitimate why there is only one member in some observations. Then at
the first stage, you run the model to the observations with  more than
1 member.