st: using constraints with nbreg

From   Wendy Regoeczi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: using constraints with nbreg
Date   Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:15:23 -0400

Greetings all,
I am trying analyze negative binomial regression models. I have read that if you add the natural logarithm of the population at risk to the regression model and give it a fixed coefficient of one, the model becomes an analysis of rates rather than counts, which is what I want. But I am having trouble figuring out how to use the "constraint" option in nbreg to accomplish this. Can anyone tell me what the correct syntax is?
Many thanks,
Wendy Regoeczi

*
* For searches and help try: