st: replace missing values (fwd)

From   "Cathy L. Antonakos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: replace missing values (fwd)
Date   Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

Sending again with a formatting correction, to hopefully display the data correctly this time.
CA

--------------------

I have a dataset with hospital and ICU data. I'd like to replace missing data for one ICU with the average value of the other 3 icu's at that hospital. The dataset looks like this:

Unit_ID Total_Score
11 . 12 90
13 60
14 27

I can get the average for total score for the 3 units by using "if" and specifying the unit id's. But how can I then replace the missing unit's score with the average from the 3 other units? I've tried several ways and searched online but can't find an answer to this specific problem. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cathy

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/