st: summarizing several analyses in one graph

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: summarizing several analyses in one graph
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:07:18 -0700

I have a dataset that summarizes the results of several different analyses of the same set of study results.

DATA FORMAT:
variable name contains
es (effect size)
lci (lower bound of confidence interval)
uci (upper bound of confidence interval)
method (method of analysis: Cox, MSM, Pscore)

GOAL:
I wish to display them in the following format:
Each method of analysis as a capped horizontal line as wide as the confidence interval, with effect size as a circle.
The y-axis labeled with the name of the method, e.g. Cox .

WHAT I HAVE DONE:
* define labels for method
label define analysis_type 1 Cox 2 MSM 3 Pscore
lab val method analysis_type
lab var method "Method of analysis"

* list data
list method es lci uci
+--------------------------+
| method es lci uci |
|--------------------------|
1. | Cox .89 .86 .99 |
2. | MSM 1.2 .95 1.5 |
3. | Pscore .31 .22 .51 |
+--------------------------+

* run graph
twoway rcap lci uci method, horizontal xtitle(Hazard Ratio and 95% Confidence Interval) ytitle(Analysis Method)

I would be most grateful for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,
Michael

____________________________________

Michael McCulloch
Pine Street Clinic
124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
tel 415.407.1357
fax 415.485.1065
email: [email protected]
web: www.pinest.org