st: New program -gdecomp- available from SSC

From   "Tamas Bartus (tbartus)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: New program -gdecomp- available from SSC
Date   Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:29:39 +0200

Thanks to Kit Baum, a new program  -gdecomp- is available from the SSC Archive
 (or from my personal website; see the signature below).

To install the update, type

     ssc install gdecomp, replace

gdecomp extends the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition to nonlinear models. The method and the ado file
is described in the presentation held at the recent London user group meeting. Briefly, the Blinder-Oaxaca
method is valid after nonlinear models if parameter estimates are replaced by marginal (or partial) effects.
You can download the presentation from my personal website.

gdecomp also requires the latest version of margeff (version 2.0.1). If you did not install the latest version,
gdecomp will issue an error message.

gdecomp is work-in-progress, some features are not well implemented. Any suggestion is welcome!

Have fun,

Tamas

Tamas Bartus, PhD
Associate Professor, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
Corvinus University, Budapest
1093 Budapest, Fovam ter 8.
Phone: +36-1-482-5290         Fax:   +36-1-482-5226
Homepage: www.uni-corvinus.hu/bartus