Re: re: st: xtmixed VS xtgee

From   =?GB2312?B?wa7G9Ln6?= <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: re: st: xtmixed VS xtgee
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:36:32 +0800

Title: Mail
Hi,Mr.Dave
Thanks your kind help.

Regarding data of one nested level, What are the differences between them in modeling continuous
dependent variables?

Lian,Qiguo��[email protected]
2006-09-20
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 2006-09-20, 11:21:56
Subject: re: st: xtmixed VS xtgee

> I want to know the relationship and differences between them?
> and how about Proc mixed and xtmixed in Stata.
> Many thanks.

You can do more with Proc Mixed than with xtmixed. xtmixed is
essentially version 1.0, whereas Proc Mixed has been through much
more development. So if you expect to find yourself doing a lot of
mixed models with some variety of design, Proc Mixed is something to
consider. For xtmixed and xtgee, xtgee is not a multilevel command
like xtmixed (the multilevel syntax of xtmixed is something Stata is
rightly proud of). However if you've just got one nested level, xtgee
is fine and allows for modeling both continuous and categorical
dependent variables, which xtmixed does not.

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/